Monday, July 14, 2008

Action Jaxon

Well, where do I begin....Jaxon is into everything these days...I call him Monkey...and John calls him Animal...and that he is...
We have started sleep training...and he is doing really well. I lay on the floor of his room while he cries in his crib and then he goes to sleep. He is crying less and less....the first night he cried for almost 45 minutes...I almost had a heart attack...it was horrible. I never got him out of his crib but I did cheat and hug him a few times...but he is getting the hang of it and today at his nap he only fussed for a minute!!
Now...on to what he is up to....let's see...he knocked a bottle of wine out of the wine rack and it broke all over the floor...thank goodness I saw it happening and grabbed him before it hit...or we may not be laughing about it now as he could have been really hurt....he knocks over all decorations we have all over the house so everything has been put up...including the wine. Pumpkin is becoming a hairless cat....and Jaxon has a collection of her fur he keeps on the rug....John had to stand in back of the church with him during the service because when the music stopped Sunday...Jaxon did not...he continued to sing and dance while the pastor spoke...and to top it off...we made it 9 1/2 months without this happening but last night it happened....He POOPED in the tub. As I tried to grab him out of the tub he tried to play with it....He is a boy!
All you out there that have older kids are thinking...hahaha it's her turn and remembering the crazy days you had and glad they are over....and those of you who don't have children yet or expecting are wondering what are you getting yourselves into...but let me tell you the brighter side...There are the kisses and the hugs the giggles....Jaxon looking in my eyes and saying mama and then smiling and grabbing a hold of me. There is the disbelief of how much he has learned already and respecting what he will become someday. So he may be messy and mischievous...which my family prayed for to pay me back....but he is also loving and snugly and makes John and I laugh at every moment...We are so thankful for him...we are even thankful for the teeth marks in the coffee table.
That is what Jaxon is up to....all 19lbs. 13oz. of him! Maybe even more by now...he does love to eat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad the sleep training is going so well! sounds like he's a new "man." therefore, i bet his mommy and daddy are a new woman and man, respectively. amazing what a little solid sack time will do for a person! see you soon.

la,
b (and s and a, too)

Ashley said...

poop in the tub...love it! we have been there done that.

Jules said...

Little boys are an adventure...that's for sure! lol