Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Final Farewell!

This is a sad blog as we say goodbye to Jaxon's lifetime Pal - Guyu.
His stuffed Barney he lovingly named Guyu disappeared a few weeks ago..we think Jaxon might have accidentally put him in the recycling bin when he was playing and we didn't know it....we have come to that conclusion after HOURS of searching the house inside and out with no sign of the purple dinosaur.

Guyu meeting baby sister
I know how hard it is to lose a favorite furry friend. When I was young we were on vacation and we stopped at a restaurant where I took in Harrietta Kitty...my favorite toy in all the world that went with me everywhere! Well, I left Harrietta in the booth and didn't discover she was gone until we were just a few miles from home....in which I cried the rest of those miles! (probably with my sister taunting me that Harrietta was all alone and crying). My dad stopped at the truck stop in our town and asked if any of the drivers had a route close to that restaurant...turned out one did...his name was "Tiny" I am sure you get the irony in his name...he was huge! He agreed though and in a few days...which seemed like an eternity to a 5 year old, Tiny and Harrietta arrived in Ashland and we met them at the truck stop and I got to crawl up in the semi and get Harrietta who got to ride in the front window the whole way! I was so excited...and turns out after my dad paid Tiny for his troubles that the once $4 kitty was now the most expensive toy I ever owned! Well as time passed and I grew older and started getting into make-up and boys Harrietta disappeared again..but this time without me noticing. I assumed she was thrown away since she was too ratty to even be given to Good Will. I thought of her rarely as I grew up....got married..moved away but she had a special place in my heart. Then on my 25th birthday the doorbell rang. At the door was the UPS guy with a huge box and the label said it was from my parents. I opened the huge box and inside was a smaller box...and inside that an even smaller box...this went on for 5 boxes till I got to one that was stuffed full of tissue paper...inside the tissue paper was Harrietta Kitty! All the memories came flooding back! I was so excited to see her and for that moment felt 5 again and so excited to be reconnected to an old friend!
Harrietta now sits on the dresser in the nursery.

She watched over Jaxon and now Maxdyn...
I am not sure if I will ever let them play with her...maybe...we will have to see! haha!
I was hoping to get to do the same thing with Guyu someday....send him in the mail to Jaxon on his 25th birthday...so sad I don't get to do that with him but I am sure Jax will become attached to something else soon and I will make sure it is safe at all times!

So goodbye Guyu! Thank you for 2 1/2 years of love and cuddles and helping soothe Jaxon to sleep at night....we couldn't have done a lot of things without you and you will be missed!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

This was a LOVELY tribute!

(and I can totally see your dad doing that... so sweet!)