I spent months picking out the perfect crib and baby furniture before Jaxon was born...I mean months...ask John. I finally found exactly what I wanted...and guess what I find out after almost 17 months...it is being recalled for LEAD PAINT! and if you look at this darling picture of our little monkey sleeping you will see teeth marks...TEETH MARKS IN LEAD PAINT!
So I decided to look up symptoms of lead paint poisoning... copied straight from the website:
Behavioral symptoms in children:
Irritability or aggressiveness
Hyperactivity, being easily distracted, impulsiveness
Irritability or aggressiveness
Hyperactivity, being easily distracted, impulsiveness
(hello, doesn't this apply to all 17 month olds!?!)
Learning problems
Lack of interest in play
Learning problems
Lack of interest in play
(ok...the last two are not Jaxon...but still)
So I assume we will get all new furniture which is nice...we have the Crib a dresser combo and hutch....but I am a little sad to get rid of the crib that we brought Jaxon home to...it has sentimental value. I have no idea what they do with the recalled furniture either...it is a shame to throw out all the beautiful stuff!
(picture of the furniture before Jaxon was born...and his room was decorated...looks so empty and lonely there...NOT ANYMORE!)
(picture of the furniture before Jaxon was born...and his room was decorated...looks so empty and lonely there...NOT ANYMORE!)So if you know anyone who bought Munire furniture...please have them check the website to make sure there furniture has not been recalled! As John said..."if you just would have bought a $200 crib from Walmart like normal people do you would not be having this problem right now!" Men - they think they know it all!
So please say a little prayer for Jaxon...that when we go to the doc to get his blood levels checked that all will be normal!


2 comments:
i'm sure he's fine! it takes a lot of lead to poison a child....plus it could've just been one crib, but they have to recall them all...& i must say i agree w/jl lol i told you to go to babies'r'us! we've not had a problem! haha
it is beautiful furniture tho & i agree w/the weird sentimental attachments we develop for anything having to do w/our children. let me know how the dr visit goes!
Haha... hate to tell you this, but Judah's crib looks exactly like that (complete with tooth marks) and it was only $350 from Babies'r'Us. You could always go there for your replacement... ;) On the other hand, that chewing-on-the-bed phase doesn't last long, so you may already be in the clear no matter what! :)
Post a Comment