Thursday, February 26, 2009

17 Months....

Well, Jaxon turned 17 months old today. Wow time flies!
He is learning something new everyday...along with words! He has too many to list but our favorites are:
CLOCK... I am not kidding he says it anytime he sees a clock or a watch
Ball...thanks to daddy
eat
hot
car
yuck....thanks to mommy's germ issues
gone
done
Elbo - means Elmo
side - for outside...he asks for that a lot
bubble......just to name a few...
just don't ask him what each animal says because he always says Hi! Unless I say... a monkey says EEE EEE than he EEE EEE's back...but if you say...what does a monkey say? Hi is always his answer. Maybe he is the monkey whisperer the world has been waiting on...or lion or cat or dog...cause they all say Hi...they are all so friendly to him!
We laugh at him just about every second of the day...and he knows it.
He is very attached to his stuffed Barney and his blankie......I am trying to get over being a germ-a-phob and let him take Barney in places...even though I know it will end up on the floor and I will have to give in when he insist on having it back...YUCK....that poor barney has been washed and dried so many times...
He is still climbing on everything...we got him a new basketball hoop. It is a little too tall for him at the moment...so what does our monkey do? he drags it with all his might to the coffee table... daddy helped when he figured out what he was doing...climbed up on the coffee table and started slam dunking over and over. Until he did his excited victory dance a little to carelessly and fell of the table....scared me....didn't phase him...he was right back up on the table. I finally laid the hoop on the floor and showed him how to roll it in...not as much fun but my heart can't take the other way!
He still loves the Upside Down Show on Noggin. He also likes Elmo...only Elmo doesn't care for the rest of Sesame Street...Blue's Clues and Barney. I am not an advocate for sitting my child in front of the TV all day but I don't mind letting him watch these shows...he has learned so much... plus the DVD player in the car is a life saver!
So that is our Jaxon...we just can't seem to get enough! Every stage seems to get better than the last! Happy Birthday Buddy! Mommy, Daddy, Jesus love you!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Good job buddy! Can't wait to see you and play again! Gosh we are getting old.
Love, Kate