Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oh Ohio

Well we are back from Ohio. Jaxon did great on the plane. Only had one 5 minute meltdown before he fell asleep on the way home. He was Mr. Friendly to everyone. Waving and pointing and laughing at anyone who paid attention to him. He did great with all of his family too. It took him about 5 minutes to warm up to everyone and then he was ready to perform. He had a great time at his birthday party. I thought having so many people might over stimulate him but he did great with it...and loved the carousel. It was hard to get around to everyone to visit but Jaxon waved from the carousel. He also did great with his cake.

He kept clapping the entire time we sang to him and while he ate his cake....which made everyone there clap along....it was pretty funny to watch children and adults alike clapping their hands non stop.
The rest of the trip was not as enjoyable. John got the flu....was so sick for 3 days he was stuck in my parents guest room....and everyone was scared to visit because they didn't want to get sick.
We did get to go to Akron to see some friends....and we got to visit with family.
I got to go see my friend Julie's new house she is building...I loved it..Jaxon was not so impressed....he slept in the car the whole time. hahahaha! He would have loved it had we not worn him out all week. poor guy took naps in the car almost daily because we were always on the run...except the 3 days John was sick!
John was in charge of his friend Dave's bachelor party while we were home and Dave got sick at his party. We were up seeing our friends Ben and Candace and their kids and Ben got sick....same night John started puking his brains out and just so happened that was John's birthday...poor guy will never forget his 31st birthday.....I slipped on water Jaxon spilled on a ceramic tile floor and busted my tailbone. I am still hurting...but not willing to go to the doctor...and when we got home our car wouldn't start so Scott (Amaya's Dad)(Thanks Scott) had to jump it for us and come get us... I dropped John and Jaxon off at home and I ran and got a new battery...
so needless to say it was good to be home. It was hard to leave our family and friends in Ohio but nice to get back in to a routine. Jaxon is still on Ohio time going to bed early...which is so not like him. he has been napping a lot too. We really wore him out. He loved every second of it...especially seeing all of his new gifts. He and Pumpkin are becoming reacquainted...she actually bit his arm yesterday.
He totally deserved it but I still felt bad for him. He is running now so he can catch her these days and she is not used to that. and he can get up on his own without holding on to anything so nothing can stop him now!
Well, that was our trip in a nutshell....it was more enjoyable than not and Jaxon loved spending time with his grandparents...who spoil him way too much!
Below is a slide show of Jaxon's birthday party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say your visit was quite eventful! I'm so sorry I missed it. The slide show is great. I'm so sad I wasn't there!

Anonymous said...

Jaxon- Happy B-Day Little Man! Daddy loves you so much! Daddy thanks God for you every day! You are such a blessing!