Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday Suit....

Jaxon is taking this birthday thing to a whole new level....he loves being in his birthday suit. Here he is in the bath on his birthday at his actual birth minute....9:53PM


And he decided that now that he is one he can do more things on his own.....
Like take a shower....he loved every second of it...he also decided he can't put himself to bed in his room on his own too....
I am kidding of course....I would be sad...I love our bedtime rituals! He also has started helping with the shopping.
He and daddy bought mommy her lemon tree....and Jaxon was a huge help pushing the cart
Isn't that such a cute sight!?!
Jaxon had a very fun birthday on Friday. I took him to the children's water park in the morning with Becky and Amaya....no pictures of that....we were too busy chasing the kids through the water...but we had so much fun! Then Jaxon and I went home for a nap....mommy took one too. And then when John came home from work we went to dinner and took turns chasing Jaxon through Abuelos...I know not a very friendly first birthday place but mommy and daddy were both craving Mexican and Jaxon could care less as long as he has his string cheese and cheese puffs! Here is a picture of Jax at the restaurant

Saturday I took him to Toys R Us to pick out a toy and celebrate Geoffrey Giraffe's birthday.
Jaxon wasn't creeped out by him at all....I was a little as he kept coming up to Jaxon... I am sure he was just doing his job and happy Jaxon was trapped in the cart and couldn't snot on him like the other kids...but still.....
As you can see Jaxon was not a big fan of the hat....and he picked out Golf Clubs...he LOVES them.... he does pretty good hitting the ball with them too....and they are the newest weapon against his arch nemesis or best friend depending on the day...Pumpkin! She is not a fan. He does have very good aim for a little guy! She is approaching her 9th life thanks to him!

John and I took him to the doctor today....he did really well. He is a friendly little guy... talking and waving to everyone there....and to my horror playing with the train set that is there....there was no stopping him...so he was anti bac'd from head to toe..... He was 30 1/2 inches which is 75% and weighed 21lbs 14oz. which is 35% which I thought sounded low....I mean if you see the kid he doesn't look hungry....but the doc said that is perfect....he is right on target and very healthy and smart....Jaxon was hamming it up for the doc a bit too...until the ear looker came out...he WANTED it....he thought it was a toy for him...and why shouldn't he ....for the last two weeks he has received gift after gift in the mail or from us for his birthday....so he is feeling pretty spoiled at the moment...our house looks like Toys R Us...and all of his presents haven't even arrived from his party in Ohio yet....my brother is shipping them for us....and has been a little busy... how dare he put work first...I know! I actually decided to put up some of the things I ordered for him for his birthday up for Christmas...I mean you would not believe the toys! We are so blessed to have such good friends and family in our lives who care for Jaxon so much not just in gifts but in the love and prayer he gets from them!!
Well, that is Jaxon's week in a nutshell...and ours...we are still in disbelief that he is one.
It seems like just yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the very first time.....and I loved him from that very second...actually the second I knew I was pregnant....I needed no bonding time with him at all....he were best friends from the start....
Here is a pic of him just a few hours after he was born.... and here he is just a few days ago at his playgroup enjoying the great outdoors with his friends...
So Happy Birthday my little Monkey....we love you so much and are so blessed God gave you to us! We don't remember our lives without you....and can't wait for each new day to see what you come up with to entertain us!

No comments: