Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Love'n!

Well, I know it has been awhile since I have blogged!  We have been so busy enjoying life I haven't taken the time to slow down and actually sit at the computer and write about the fun we have been having!
Swim Swim Swim should really be the title of this post!  Maxdyn finished ISR in just under 5 weeks!  We are so proud of her!  She tried to beat her brother's record of 3 weeks but she didn't quite do it...non the less we are thrilled it didn't take the full 6 weeks...or longer!  Especially, given her shy personality (at first) we were afraid it would take 3 weeks for her to just allow her teacher, Ms. Kari to even get near her! 
Here is Maxdyn showing her awesome new life saving skills:


Jax has also started group lessons at the YMCA!  He is the youngest and smallest but does a great job listening and doing what needs to be done!  He is learning all the different strokes and how to properly do them!  He doesn't like that they are only a half hour long and that he has to share his pool time with others but he doesn't let it show during the lesson!  We are going to start looking for a private coach since this seems to be what he is passionate about! 

John and I celebrated our 11th Wedding Anniversary!  20 years together but 11 years of wedded bliss!  We haven't found the perfect babysitter yet so we took the kids with us to dinner!  Max gave us the best present...she slept through the whole dinner! :)  Jax played Ipad so we had a nice quiet and enjoyable dinner!

John is very busy with work and doing a great job!  I hope his rewards are worth his stress soon!  But he likes making an impact so he is in the right place at the right time!

I am doing the same old same old!  Keeping the kids from beating each other senseless!  That's a full time job these days!  These two can fight...but then 5 minutes later they are playing so well together and laughing! 

As a family we are enjoying beach time and going to Busch Gardens!  The kids love it there and in all honesty we like it better than Disney World!  Don't tell Mickey!   We also spend a lot of time in our pool and of course shopping and eating out!  My favorite!!
I am learning my way around even more and have ventured a few more places!  The kids' favorite place to venture is Chuck E Cheese!  It horrifies me to think of the germs in that place but nothing soap can't cure!
We took a couple family vacations and enjoyed the time together but still found ourselves at the beach!  We went to Hilton Head with My sister, Erika and her family! We had so much fun and ate way too much!   
We also ventured over to Orlando a few times!

Update on Kid's and what they are in to:
Max still loves puppies and dancing!  She is talking in full sentences now...and mostly to tattle on her brother!  One of my favorite things she says is "Oh, Silly Me!"  she uses that a lot!  She is also very polite and silly!
Jaxon is obviously still very into swimming!  He is really looking forward to making new friends in school...he misses his Arizona and Ohio friends! (We all do)!  He is always cracking us up and very quick witted!  His teacher is in trouble! :)  Speaking of:

School starts for Jax in less than 2 weeks!  5 days a week and 3 hours a day!  UGH!  I am not ready for 5 days a week!!  Although, once I get used to it I am sure I will enjoy it..I know Maxdyn will!!
He is getting excited, but nervous to be gone everyday!  I pray he likes it and that he is well behaved!

Well, that is all of us in a nutshell...perfect since we are a little nutty!
We are happy in Florida, but pretty sure we would be happy anywhere we are together! 
Still waiting on more visitors!  Come see us!  We have the room!

Until next time....know we are praying for you and miss you!
 




No comments: